- This event has passed.
HCA Annual General Meeting 2017
October 9, 2017 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The 2017 AGM of the Community Association will be held in The Moulder & Pullon Rooms at the Community Centre at 8 pm on Friday September 29th, all members welcome.
Any Member wishing to give due notice of other business to be discussed at the AGM should do so in writing to the Office by 12 noon on Friday September 8th. Any such resolution or recommendation should carry the signatures of the proposer and seconder.
Nomination papers for the election of Officers and Management Committee Members of the Association (The Trustees) are available from the Office, and completed papers have to be handed in to the Office by noon on Friday September 22nd.
Copies of the Annual Report and Accounts will be available to Members at the AGM or by application to the Office from Friday September 22nd.
1. Opening of Meeting
3. Minutes of Annual General Meeting held on 30th September 2016
4. Matters Arising
5. To receive the Annual Report & Statement of Accounts
6. Chairman’s Remarks
7. To elect the following Honorary Officers:PRESIDENT; CHAIRMAN; VICE-CHAIRMAN; SECRETARY; TREASURER
8. To elect TEN members to serve on the Management Committee. The 15 members elected under Items 8 & 9 will be the Trustees of the Association for the year 2017 – 2018.
9. To appoint an Independent Examiner of the Accounts
10. To appoint Honorary Vice-Presidents
11. To adopt Standing Orders for (a) Management Committee; (b) Sub-committees; (c) Sections
The formal meeting will be followed by an open forum at which any member will be welcome to air views and make helpful suggestions about any matter pertaining to the Community Association, the Community Centre, or the Social Club. Points made will be noted (where appropriate for future consideration by the Trustees or the Social Club Directors), and questions will be answered as far as possible, but no votes or decisions can be taken at this time.