Hire a room
The Community Centre has a Hall and meeting rooms that are available for hire and welcomes bookings from clubs, societies and individuals for their meetings and events.
Capacity: 100 (social event) or 130 (seated)
- The charge of the Hall also includes use of the Kitchen.
- There are 16 folding tables (5’ by 2’ 3”) and chairs for up to 130 people available.
- For meetings there is a pull down projection screen, sound system and induction loop.
- Please do not stick anything on the walls under any circumstances during your hire, there are hooks about every 18 inches around the dado rail from which banners, balloons etc can be hung.
- Your event must end at the latest by 12:30am and the premises must be vacated by 1am. Please ask your guests to leave quietly at the end of your event in consideration of the neighbours.
- The emergency doors from the hall must be kept closed after 9pm as a condition of our licence. They may be used for taking out equipment at the end of your event, but not whilst music is being played.
- For details of the use of the bar, see page 4 the bar must close at 11:30pm.
- We do not normally accept bookings for parties principally for teenagers. There are special conditions for evening parties for young people. Please contact the office for details.
|One-off hire by individuals||£15.00 ph||£18.50 ph|
|One-off hire by non-profit making group||£15.00 ph||£16.75 ph|
|Community Groups Sales event||£36 per session||£41 per session|
|Individuals: Fri after 7pm, Sat & Sun after 6pm (with significant use of the bar)||No charge||£10.00|
|Charities: Fri after 7pm, Sat & Sun after 6pm (with significant use of the bar)||No charge||No charge|
(Costs are subject to Terms and Conditions)
Moulder Room & Pullon Room
(formerly rooms 1 & 2)
Each room holds up to 20 people. The folding doors can be opened to make one larger room holding up to 40 people. Upholstered chairs and small tables are laid out. The rooms are not normally available for hire Fridays after 8pm. Use of the kitchen is included in your hire. The rooms are not suited to children’s parties.
Holds up to 8 people and is available for meetings only. There are a desk and chairs. Use of the kitchen is not included in the hire of room 4.
|Moulder Room & Pullon Room
one room only
|Moulder Room & Pullon Room
both rooms together
Facilities include 2 electric urns, a kettle, large teapots, 50 mugs, large cooker, sinks, access to a fridge-freezer. Unfortunately we are not able to provide crockery (other than mugs), cutlery or washing-up materials, and you must therefore bring your own. Use of the Kitchen is itself included in the hire of the Hall, Moulder Room & Pullon Room.
Please note that your booking does not provide you with exclusive use of the kitchen. The bar staff and/or another group may need to use it as well. Please discuss this at the time of booking.
We are now able to offer a selection of menus for all children birthday parties, events and occasions. Speak to the office for the sample menus.
In accordance with the law, smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the building (or porches). Please do not use the rear doors of the Hall to go outside to smoke. The designated smoking area is at the front of the building and is accessed via the main doors.
We do have to ask you to clear up and to put away furniture after your event. Brooms, hand-brushes and pans are available in the Kitchen lobby, and rubbish and waste can be placed into the bins in the compound. Please report any damage to the Office as soon as possible after your hire.