The Community Centre has a large hall and meeting rooms that are available for hire and we welcome bookings from clubs, societies and individuals for their meetings and events.
Capacity: 100 (social event) or 130 (seated)
- The charge of the Hall also includes use of the Kitchen.
- There are 16 folding tables (5’ by 2’ 3”) and chairs for up to 130 people available.
- For meetings there is a pull down projection screen, sound system and induction loop.
- Please do not stick anything onto the walls under any circumstance during your hire. There are hooks about every 18 inches around the dado rail from which banners, balloons etc can be hung.
- Your event must end at the latest by 12:30am and the premises must be vacated by 1am. Please ask your guests to leave quietly at the end of your event in consideration of the neighbours.
- The emergency doors from the hall must be kept closed after 9pm as a condition of our licence. They may be used for taking out equipment at the end of your event, but not whilst music is being played.
- The bar must close at 11:30pm.
- We do not normally accept bookings for parties principally for teenagers. There are special conditions for evening parties for young people. Please contact the office for details.
Hire and Hire charges are subject to terms and conditions, please contact the office on 01452 616289 to discuss your booking.
Moulder Room & Pullon Room
(formerly rooms 1 & 2)
Each room holds up to 20 people. The folding doors can be opened to make one larger room holding up to 40 people. Upholstered chairs and small tables are laid out. The rooms are not normally available for hire on a Friday after 8pm. Use of the kitchen is included in your hire. The rooms are not suitable for children’s parties.
Holds up to 8 people and is available for meetings only. There is a desk and chairs. Use of the kitchen is not included in the hire of room 4.
Facilities include 2 electric urns, a kettle, large teapots, 50 mugs, cooker, and sinks. A fridge-freezer is present but may not have much space. Unfortunately we are not able to provide crockery (other than mugs), cutlery or washing-up materials, and you must therefore bring your own. Use of the Kitchen is included in the hire of the Hall, Moulder Room & Pullon Room.
Please note that your booking does not provide you with exclusive use of the kitchen. The bar staff and/or another group may need to use it as well. Please discuss this at the time of booking.
Lisa of LJ’s CAfe can provide you with a quote for catering, contact the office for her details or find her on site during her working hours.
In accordance with the law, smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the building (or porches). Please do not use the rear doors of the Hall to go outside to smoke. The designated smoking area is at the front of the building and is accessed via the main doors.
We do have to ask you to clear up and to put away furniture after your event. Brooms, hand-brushes and pans are available in the Kitchen lobby, and any waste can be placed into the bins in the compound. Please report any damage to the Office as soon as possible after your hire.